Reply to comment
The National Indigenous Economic Education Foundation (NIEEF) provides scholarships, training and research funding for students involved in Aboriginal community economic development.
NIEEF is the charitable organization of the Council for the Advancement of Native Development Officers (CANDO). The NIEEF Aboriginal Scholarships will be awarded to two successful applicants at CANDO’s 18th Annual National Conference & AGM. Deadline to apply is July 29, 2011 (must be post marked). Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.
Selection will be based on passing Grade 12 marks or post secondary GPA (Grade Point Average). To qualify for this scholarship, you:
- Complete the NIEEF Scholarship Application Form.
- Submit CANDO Student Membership Form ($25 membership fee).
- Must be attending or currently enrolled in an CANDO accredited program (preference is given to students enrolled in these programs) or at another post secondary institutions. Provide proof of enrolled.
- Studying in the fields of: Business Administration/Economics, Business Finance, Business Management, Natural Resources or CED.
- 2 Letters of Support from a Professor and current/former Employer.
- Submit a cover letter and a short essay (no more than 500 words) outlining a personal introduction, educational level achieved to date and your community involvement.
Mail completed scholarship application to:
2011 NIEEF Scholarship Application
9635 - 45 Ave, Edmonton, AB T6E 5Z8
Toll Free: 1-800-463-9300
Phone: (780) 990-0303
Fax: (780) 429-7487