Reply to comment
Daughter Spirit in Action is a project run through the Native Women's Association of Canada (NWAC) as part of the National Aboriginal Suicide Prevention Strategy.
The project supports mental health promotion training for Elders and youth with a focus on the value of mentorship and culture.
Who should apply?
- Dedicated Aboriginal youth and Elders who would like to learn more about mental health promotion and suicide prevention and who want to promote positive mental health in their communities.
- For 2011-2012, NWAC is recruiting youth from Ontario, Saskatchewan and Manitoba
What does this involve?
- This is a volunteer position. As a volunteer, you will receive professional certified training in mental health promotion.
- Volunteers must complete at least 10 community sessions. Once you have completed 10 sessions you will receive an official certificate of appreciation from NWAC and a letter of reference signed by NWAC's president.
- 2 reference letters
- 350 word letter of interest
How to apply:
Email your application to:
Jade Harper, Manitoba Liaison at Jharper@nwac.ca
Or mail it to:
Native Women's Association of Canada
1 Nicholas Street, 9th Floor